Dogs are very similar to people. They love food just like we do, and they also share many of our struggles as well. Your dog is like you, he/she is a machine. They care about their bodies and they would never let you know they are sick, so they don’t take it from you. The biggest problem with dogs is that they love the taste of food, which is the main remit son why they keep eating the same foods all the time.
Here’s a list of tens of things your dog should never eat:
Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that is made from corn. It has a sweet taste but is not as sweet as sugar. Xylitol is found in many candies, gum, baked goods, and some diet foods. It occurs naturally in some fruits and vegetables; it’s also used as a sweetener in medicines and pet foods (in the form of xylitol powder). Xylitol is NOT metabolized by dogs, so it can be eaten without any ill effects. Some dogs may develop an intolerance to xylitol. This could lead to vomiting, lethargy, and coordination problems. Early symptoms include vomiting, lethargy, and coordination problems. Eventually, your dog may develop liver failure. You should discontinue feeding xylitol to your dog immediately!
Must Read: How Can Too Many Treats Kill A Dog
Avocados are a wonderful treat for your dog. They will receive the benefit of the healthy fats and vitamins they need while at the same time, they’ll love their favorite fruit. The best thing about avocados is that they are low in calories and fat, which makes them one of the healthiest fruits you can give your pet.
However, there is a drawback. Avocados contain persin, which can be toxic to dogs. In fact, it causes vomiting, diarrhea, and even death if large amounts are consumed. But you must find out if your dog is allergic to avocados first. If your dog does indeed have an allergy to avocados, then you should not share your avocado with him or her. In that case, buy him or her their own personal avocado!
Read 13 Tips About Leaving a Blind Dog Alone
Dogs can drink alcohol like people. Although most experts recommend that animals not be given alcohol, it is legal for people to give it to their pets if the dog is an alcoholic or has a terminal illness. Drinking too much alcohol – even from a bottle in the home – can be harmful to dogs.
People who drink too much alcohol can become aggressive, confused, or depressed. Dogs can get these symptoms, too, so dogs should not be given alcohol without supervision. Some people give their pets vodka mixed with water or lemonade as a safer, non-alcoholic substitute for beer and wine. This is safer because vodka is less potent than beer and wine and does not cause the same problems associated with them.
Onions and Garlic
Onions and garlic are common in many foods and condiments but can pose a serious risk to pets if not properly used. These powerful foods can be toxic to your dog, possibly causing damage to its red blood cells. Have you ever tasted garlic powder in some baby food? The same is true for onions. Sprinkle the powder on meat or in your dog’s dish once or twice a week, but no more. In small amounts, garlic and onions are good for your dog’s health.
Coffee, Tea, and Other Caffeine
Caffeine is a drug that has at least two toxic effects on growing puppies: it can cause heart arrhythmias and damage the liver, kidneys, and pancreas. Your dog may also develop hyperactivity, seizures, and death. Caffeine in coffee and tea is even more dangerous because all the caffeine never leaves the beans or the grounds. It stays in the plants.
When you drink a cup of coffee, you have the same amount of caffeine in your system as when you brewed it. Caffeine is also in chocolate, colas, and energy drinks. Don’t think your dog doesn’t have caffeine because he doesn’t have any symptoms—he may have a caffeine-induced seizure that causes him to fall to the floor and convulse. Caffeine toxicity is more common than many people realize. The old saying “you are what you eat” applies to dogs as well as people, because 80 percent of their bodies consist of water — about eight pounds of water.
DON’T MISS: Can Cats Drink Oat Milk
Grapes and Raisins
Grapes and raisins are very toxic to dogs. Eating grapes and raisins can cause a dog to become temporarily nauseated and then vomit, and then become depressed. If a dog eats a small amount, it may not become sick, but the grapes and raisins may cause serious problems in your dog’s health. And nothing is more frustrating than seeing your dog eating grapes or raisins, but you can’t be sure if they are dangerous.
Milk and Other Dairy Products
On a hot day, it may be tempting to share your ice cream with your dog. Instead, give them some cold water. Milk and milk-based products can cause diarrhea and other digestive problems for your pup. They can also trigger food allergies, which can cause serious skin infections and even death. To avoid any potential health problems, only give your pet cold water to drink. The milk in the ice cream is full of lactose, which can cause diarrhea for your dog. Always check labels for hidden dairy products before giving them anything that may pose a health risk.
DON’T MISS: Beagle Pitbull Mix
What do you do when your dog is sick? You take them to the vet. Macadamia nuts can make your dog sick if they eat them. Just six raw or roasted macadamia nuts can make a dog sick. It’s important to limit the amount of time your dog spends near any nut products. Just six raw or roasted macadamia nuts can make a dog sick. Look for symptoms like muscle shakes, vomiting, high temperature, and weakness in their back legs. A dog with these symptoms should be taken to the vet immediately to be checked.
Chocolates, the type of chocolate that is the most harmful to dogs is dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is made from cacao beans with the cocoa butter removed. It contains about 70% fat and 30% cocoa solids. Theobromine, a chemical found in chocolate that can cause problems, is found in high concentrations in these types of chocolates. Theobromine has been linked to heart problems, gastrointestinal problems, nervous system disorders, and renal failure in dogs. Theobromine is just as dangerous for humans as it is for dogs.